We Are Experts in Gas Leak Detection
When a gas leak happens it requires an emergency response. After Hours Air Conditioning is a 24/7 service that aims to be at your door within 30 minutes* of your call in an emergency. We will not only find the source of the leak, we’ll provide an immediate solution and a long-term fix. Don’t hesitate to call After Hours AC any day of the year, including weekends and public holidays.
Your Emergency Gas Leak Service
Can you smell that unpleasant rotten egg scent of a natural gas leak? That’s when you need to call an emergency licensed gas fitter from After Hours Air Conditioning. We’re on the road 24/7, every day of the year, and we aim to be there within 30 minutes* of your call.
Natural gas is highly flammable and a leak puts your home and family in danger. While you wait for your After Hours Air Conditioning gas fitter to arrive, you can take several steps to reduce the danger:
- Turn off the gas at the gas meter (there should be a brightly coloured handle – turn it to a right angle to the pipe).
- Turn off your appliances, including your electrical appliances (including powerpoints and light switches).
- Refrain from using any fan appliances to move the air around.
- Open doors and windows to ventilate your home.
- Never ignite a flame.
If the smell of gas is particularly bad, it is advisable to wait outside to avoid feeling sick.
Signs You’ve Got a Gas Leak
Natural gas is actually odourless, but the addition of a harmless chemical called mercaptan creates a highly recognisable smell similar to rotten eggs or sulphur. That scent is the most recognisable sign of a gas leak, but there are other signs to look out for.
Additional signs of a gas leak include:
- Unexplained patches of dead grass and/or dead plants near gas lines.
- Hissing or high-pitched whistling sounds coming from pipework.
- Air bubbles in puddles above underground piping, or where water has settled on joints.
- The pilot light flickers, is not a strong hot blue, changes colour, or goes out.
- Gas bills are noticeably higher than normal and can’t be explained.
- Members of the household are suddenly unwell (keep reading for more details on gas sickness).
It is easy for some of these signs to go unnoticed. That’s to be expected – how often do we check puddles for bubbles or worry about a dead plant?
That’s why general maintenance and servicing of gas heaters and appliances is essential. You can be sure your family is safe, healthy and secure with a routine service and certificate of compliance from After Hours Air Conditioning.
The Danger of Gas Leaks
It should be emphasised that gas is an incredibly safe fuel source for ducted heating, gas log fires and all other gas heaters. A properly maintained heating system will be reliable and should be no trouble at all. However, there are some risks and it’s necessary to be aware of the potential dangers.
Leaking gas heaters, ovens or hot water systems can be hazardous. They are both health risks and a genuine threat to your home, family and personal belongings.
Some of the symptoms of gas leak exposure include:
- Nausea and/or vomiting
- Breathing issues
- Throat and eye irritation
These symptoms are similar to those of a common cold or flu, which means they can be dismissed. If you have a natural gas supply, remember that a leak could be the cause if symptoms persist.
Long-term exposure can lead to more severe symptoms, including loss of consciousness, severe health complications or even death.
Your property is also at risk if there is a persistent gas leak. Any exposure to a naked flame or ignition source could trigger a devastating fire or explosion. If you could prevent that with professional maintenance and repairs, wouldn’t you do it?
Why Choose After Hours Air Conditioning?
The best way to find a long-term solution to a gas leak is to call a professional gas fitter from After Hours Air Conditioning. We have extensive experience working with gas heaters, hot water systems and other appliances and will provide a thorough investigation.
There are many reasons to call After Hours Air Conditioning when you have a gas leak or need maintenance for your gas appliances. Some of the advantages of our experience and professionalism include:
- Fully qualified and licensed gas fitters available 24/7, every day of the year
- All our technicians undergo regular training so they’re up to date with the latest technology
- A range of interest free** payment options
- A 12-month warranty on all air conditioning work, materials and parts installed and supplied by us
- $20 million public liability insurance
- Tracking and dispatch that uses state-of-the-art technology to ensure we are always on time
- We aim to be at your door within 30 minutes* of your call
- No extra charges for after hours work
- Upfront fixed-price quotes
- We charge by the job, not by the hour
After Hours Air Conditioning will provide you with a certificate of compliance upon completion of all work, ensuring you’re protected, and all work is completed to strict safety and quality standards.
Interest Free** Gas Leak Services
When you detect that instantly recognisable smell of gas, you know it’s a genuine home emergency. While it’s important to call a professional gas fitter immediately, it may not be convenient for your household budget.
That’s why After Hours Air Conditioning offers a range of interest free** payment plans for eligible customers. Our fully qualified gas fitter can take you through the easy application process on site and approval usually takes only a few minutes.
Simply select a payment plan with one of our providers – Zip or Humm – and enjoy the convenience of weekly, fortnightly or monthly instalments, depending on your choice of provider. Some plans even accept a $0 deposit, so you pay nothing upfront.
Then you can relax while your After Hours AC gas fitter finds the source of the gas leak and provides a long-term fix. You can also pay by cash, cheque or credit card (Visa, Mastercard and American Express).
For more details on our gas leak services contact After Hours Air Conditioning by phone or fill out our online form and one of our friendly customer service staff will get right back to you straight away.